Happy Friday, everyone!
Today I am sharing five tips on how to stay on task while working or studying at home. I know many people work and study at home, which is why it is important to make your time effective and task-driven. Being a college student, I have always found it difficult to study at home since there are so many distractions. I would always find ten other things to do in order to procrastinate studying until I made a few minor (yet impactful) changes.
- Brew yourself a coffee or tea and eat before you even attempt to start working or studying: This is seriously a huge problem. Many people will be ten minutes into working or studying then realize they haven’t had coffee or a meal yet, which automatically becomes a distraction. If you get up ten minutes into studying or working, you have already lost your focus and train of thought and have to start all over again!
- Create a quiet work space and a clean desk: Having a quiet work area (away from kids and other distractions) is a major key to staying focused. I know it can be difficult for moms especially, but being in a quiet area helps focus and attention span. Having a clean desk also helps because this allows you to spread out your books, notebooks, papers, and have space for your computer or laptop while working or studying. Having a clean desk also prevents you from wanting to dust and clean while you are working because it will already be clean! I love having an organized work space because I know where everything is and don’t have as many distractions.
- Work in a well lit room: This is a very small tip, yet very important. Working in a well lit room prevents you from getting tired and groggy. If possible, working in a room with natural light is the best because your brain responds to natural light and knows to remain alert while natural light is present. If you work in a dim room with no lights on, your brain can release Melatonin and make you think it’s nap time.
- Check Facebook, Instagram, text messages, etc. before you start, then PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY: I honestly think my phone is always my #1 distraction and the reason why I procrastinate so much. I always think I’m going to scroll through Instagram or Facebook for ten minutes, which turns into an hour. Keep the distractions out of sight and stay focused.
- Make a to-do list: I personally think this is the most important tip. It is so important, like with anything else in life, to write down goals and objectives before you start working or studying. This allows your brain to know how long it has to stay focused before you even start. I also think this helps people stay organized because you sit down and know exactly what needs to occur before finishing. I also find when I do not make a to-do list, I’m just finding random tasks to complete, which is not effective.
PS: Shop my look!!
Happy Wednesday, Everyone!
I hope you are all surviving the week & enjoying January so far. We have been getting TONS of snow & I have been taking advantage of it. We hardly got any snow from October through December so I have been trying to enjoy the snow as much as I can. Last week we went snowboarding, which was a total blast since we had fresh powder and sunny skies. We played in the snow and made Moscow Mules yesterday, which was also fun! I used the Williams Sonoma ginger apple moscow mule mix and their copper mugs, I will share the link for both items (they’re totally worth buying)! Yesterday I wore all white and blue in order to capture a wintery look. The white vest I wore was so warm and cozy, I wasn’t cold or felt like I needed a jacket all day. I will share my outfit details, Moscow Mule recipe, and links to purchase your own Moscow Mule makings, I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!
Recipe for Moscow Mules:
4 oz Williams Sonoma Apple Ginger Moscow Mule Mix
1 oz Club Soda
1 1/2 oz Skyy Vodka
Squirt half a lime into the drink then leave the lime in the mug for added flavor
Shop my outfit & these super cute copper mugs!
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope January has been treating you all well. Today I am sharing Valentine’s Day gift ideas for both him and her! Last year I was single and had a little get together with my girlfriends, we had a great time spending the day together. We hung a cute banner to take pictures, went to brunch, and drank champagne. Valentine’s Day isn’t only for lovers so make it a fun day whether you are in a relationship or not! Here are some thoughtful and fun gift ideas:
Gift Ideas for him:
- Personalized Shutterfly Card: https://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/valentines-day-cards-stationery
Here are some examples of personalized cards
Personalized Cards are a great way to express your love and appreciation for someone. You can personalize the cards with pictures and messages. I made my boyfriend and best friend cards for Christmas this year and each card was less than $4 with shipping!
- Gift cards to both of your favorite restaurants: works for both him or her
This is a great gift idea because not only are you giving a gift, but you both will have an incentive to go on date nights after Valentine’s Day. Giving gift cards to his or her favorite restaurants also shows that you pay attention to what that person likes to eat and where they like to go out.
I attached the link to a Skagen watch with a leather band. This gift is a little pricey, but every guy loves getting a new watch. If you are looking to splurge, this would be the perfect gift!
Gifts for her:
- Boho Betty Bracelets: http://boho-betty-2.myshopify.com?rfsn=465424.6560e
I just bought this bracelet along with another bracelet for myself last week and I love them! Boho Betty has so many fun colors too, which is perfect for accessorizing outfits. I also have a code for 20% off your entire purchase. Use code: SANDYTOESANDSALTYHAIR at checkout.
- Lat & Lo customized latitude and longitude necklace: https://www.latandlo.com/collections/frontpage/products/custom-lat-lo-bar-necklace?variant=534338553
I have this necklace and I love it! My sorority gave it to me when I went alum with the coordinates of Flagstaff on it, which is where I went to college. This is the perfect gift idea, you can personalize it to whichever coordinates you choose. I would recommend doing the coordinates of where you and your significant other first met, where you went on your first date, where you got married, or where you both currently live. If you are looking for a heartfelt gift, this is definitely the gift to give! PS: Lat & Lo are giving a free necklace with all jewelry orders until Valentine’s Day.
- Kate Spade Crossbody Handbag:
If you are looking for a more pricey gift, this is a great gift. I have this bag and it is perfect for a night out or a casual day running errands.
Last but not least: Pink roses and champagne = always a good idea!
Happy Early VDAY to all,
My fave long sleeve t-shirt dress! I wore this outfit to dinner at Cucina Rustica in Sedona (which is to die for)-
Thanksgiving Day outfit-
Grandpa’s 80th Birthday-
Tri Delta Banquet-
2016 Family Christmas card-
Christmas Eve service-
Christmas Eve jammies:
Christmas Day dinner-
Christmas Day Brunch:
New Years Eve-
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season & are excited for the New Year! Thank you for following along on this blogging journey with me. I’m so excited for what’s to come in 2017!
Merry (late) Christmas!
Today I’m sharing pictures from Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. On New Years Eve, we went to our church’s Christmas Eve service followed by a family dinner at Sauce. On Christmas morning, we were lucky enough to wake up to snow! We never get snow in Arizona on Christmas morning so this was a special treat for us. We built a snowman and played in the backyard until we opened presents. We also went to our favorite local restaurant and had a private breakfast with our family and the owner’s family, which was also a special treat. On Christmas Day, we opened our gifts and spent the rest of the afternoon with family from Boston. We finished the night playing Headbandz, which I highly recommend playing, it is absolutely hilarious.
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas filled with love and joy!