As you can tell, I am in full on vacation mode lately. After studying for the entire month of March, I am counting down the days until I will be laying on the beach in the Caribbean. It is definitely vacation season and I know many of you will be traveling in the coming weeks and months. I always receive questions about what I pack and how I prepare for a big trip so I thought I would share all of my tips and tricks with you.
1. Luggage. The most obvious. You’ll need a good suitcase, especially if you are traveling far. All of the airlines, no matter who you fly, love to throw suitcases and they oftentimes break. This is why it is important to invest in a good suitcase or two before traveling. I love hard shell suitcases because I think they protect your clothing and travel items the best, I also think they are the most lightweight, which is nice when making flight connections, chasing a taxi, or hopping on a train. I also always pack a change of clothing, put my makeup bag, toiletry bag, and noise cancelling headphones in my carry on. I always pack a change of clothes, make up, and toiletry bag in my carry on in case my luggage gets lost during the trip. View and shop all of my favorite luggage, toiletry bags, luggage tags, and headphones below:
2. Swimwear. If you’re going somewhere warm or are just looking for new swimwear for summer, I have scouted out all of the newest swimwear trends for 2018. I love a flattering swimsuit and I know all of you do too. There is nothing better than feeling confident in swimwear and I believe there is the perfect style and suit for every body type out there. I am personally loving one piece swimsuits, ruffled bikinis, and high-waisted bikinis this season. View and purchase all of my favorite swimwear below:
3. Sunscreen and Self-Tanner. In my family, sunscreen is THE most important item for vacation. Skin cancer runs in my family and my mom and grandpa have both had surgeries because of skin cancer so I am extra cautious when it comes to spending time in the sun. I always make sure I have sunscreen on and all of my foundations contain sunscreen. I am also a fan of self-tanner because it requires less time in the sun. I also love self-tanner because it helps create a base tan, which will make your swimsuits look more flattering. I also don’t like going on vacation with pale, winter skin. Shop my favorite sunscreens and self-tanners below:
4. Cover-ups. Whenever I go on tropical vacations, I basically live in a cover up and swimsuit, which makes cover ups my staple wardrobe piece during the vacation. I love having versatile cover-ups that match with multiple swimsuits so I can re-wear them, if needed. Shop my favorite cover-ups below:
5. Night out dresses and jumpsuits. Whether you are going to a luau, on a cruise, or a staycation, you will most likely need a cute outfit for dinners and going out. I am a sucker for a good jumpsuit and I think they are so comfy so I am not only sharing my favorite dresses, but I am also sharing my favorite jumpsuits as well. Shop my favorite dresses and jumpsuits below:
Tips & Tricks:
1. Always roll your clothing, it will save you room when packing.
2. Place your floppy hats and straw hats in your suitcase and pack clothes inside of the hats, then pack clothing around the hats. This will prevent them for getting crunched mid-flight.
3. Check the CDC Travel website for travel vaccine information and disease information within the area(s) you are traveling to. I also highly encourage you to check Travel Advisories before visiting new countries and enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) before traveling abroad.
4. Make a list of everything you want to pack, including all of the little things, such as camera charges, sunglasses, etc. You will never remember everything when you are rushing to pack and leave the house in a timely manner.
5. Layout all of your outfits before packing them and plan your outfits for each day. This will prevent over packing and will allow you to be better organized while on vacation.